Full text search strategy for names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rick Schumeyer
Subject Full text search strategy for names
Date
Re: Full text search strategy for names
List pgsql-general
I want to be able to search a list of articles for title words as well as author names.  I understand how to do the title words with the full text searching.  But I'm not sure the best strategy for the names.  The full text parser "parses" the names giving undesirable results.

For example,

select to_tsvector('claude Jones');
    to_tsvector
 'jone':2 'claud':1

Is there a way to tell the parser to index the words in a column without trying to determine word roots?

Or what is the best way to index names for efficient searching?