problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From shohorab hossain
Subject problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear sir/madam,

This is to inform you that I am an oracle database user/administrator. But =
I am going to join in a company where I have to administrate postgresql dat=
abase. I am new to this database system.=C2=A0 For few days I am trying to =
install postgresql-8.3.1 in RHEL4. My machine configuration is Intel Pentiu=
m IV. I have followed the installation document of postgresql that was incl=
uded with source distribution.

I am facing the problem during the building step of source. The problem is =
that when I start building with gmake command, it continuously shows messag=
es in console like =E2=80=98checking for =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=
=A6. yes / no=E2=80=99 and I have waited approximately for 3 hours but it c=
ontinues.=C2=A0 At last I have cancelled the building process.

Please give me your appropriate and valuable solution in this regard. I am =
eagerly looking forward for your quick reply.

Thanks in advance:
Hopeless=20
Shohorab