Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> FWIW it has been said that whoever is concerned about pg_attribute bloat
> should be first looking at getting rid of the redundant entries for
> system columns, for each and every table.

That's been overtaken by events, unfortunately: we now need those
entries to carry per-column permissions on system columns.  So they're
no longer merely overhead.

Possibly we could hack things so that only system columns with
non-default permissions are actually stored, but that feels like
a kluge.