Re: BUG #1466: #maintenace_work_mem = 16384 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1466: #maintenace_work_mem = 16384
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Joe Brown <joebrown@rclooke.com> writes:
> I checked all logs I could think of (event and pg_logs) and found no
> information.  I suppose if I tried starting postmaster by hand I would
> have spotted the issue.

Hmm.  I see at least part of the problem: the poweron default for
log_destination is "stderr" which is not very helpful on Windows;
the message is probably going to the bit bucket since any destination
change you may have requested in postgresql.conf probably hasn't been
applied yet.  (Joe, if you put log_destination = eventlog in the conf
file before the mistaken entry, does it report properly?)

Seems like we need a different poweron default on Windows.

            regards, tom lane