Re: Windows 2012 64bit ODBC Administrator crashes - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Daniel Homerick
Subject Re: Windows 2012 64bit ODBC Administrator crashes
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I'm not a pgsql-odbc developer, but I think you'll find that your bug report would be more useful if it were more
detailed.I've used the x64 odbc drivers on Windows, and haven't had such a crash occur. So to help, I'd need to know
whatsdifferent.

Consider supplying extra details such as:
What version of pgsql-odbc are you using? How was it installed?
What version of postgres database are you connecting to?
What OS?
What type of DSN are you creating: User, System, File?
What non-default settings (if any) are you using?

Cheers,
 - Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Edwin Grubbs
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:26 PM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] Windows 2012 64bit ODBC Administrator crashes

When I try to create a DSN with either PostgreSQL ANSI(x64) or PostgreSQL Unicode(x64) and click the "Finish" button, I
getthe error message "ODBC Administrator has stopped working". If I click on the "Debug" button, I get the error
message"An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in odbcad32.exe" with a random error code. I have verified that I am
runningthe correct ODBC Administrator, since both the 32-bit and 64-bit binaries are called odbcad32.exe but are in
differentdirectories. I have NO problem creating a DSN with the 32bit psqlodbc driver that can connect to a database,
butI want to use a 64bit install of SSRS.

I created a bug in the pgfoundry, but it is not clear if that is actively maintained.
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1011246&group_id=1000125&atid=538

Thanks,
Edwin