Re: Windows 2012 64bit ODBC Administrator crashes - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Edwin Grubbs
Subject Re: Windows 2012 64bit ODBC Administrator crashes
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Daniel Homerick
<daniel.homerick@2d3sensing.com> wrote:

> I'm not a pgsql-odbc developer, but I think you'll find that your bug
> report would be more useful if it were more detailed. I've used the x64 odbc
> drivers on Windows, and haven't had such a crash occur. So to help, I'd need
> to know whats different.
>
> Consider supplying extra details such as:
> What version of pgsql-odbc are you using? How was it installed?
I installed the drivers with the msi for both 9.01.0200 and 9.00.0310.
http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/psqlodbc_09_01_0200-x64.zip
http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/psqlodbc_09_00_0310-x64.zip

> What version of postgres database are you connecting to?
I don't think that matters since the ODBC Admin crashes before I get
to create a DSN. I am using postgres 9.1.

> What OS?
Windows 2012, which I put in the subject of the email.

> What type of DSN are you creating: User, System, File?
Creating either a User DNS or a System DSN causes the ODBC
Administrator to crash.

> What non-default settings (if any) are you using?
I'm using the standard install that Rackspace Cloud provides for Windows 2012.