Re: trigger for TRUNCATE? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: trigger for TRUNCATE?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> My thinking is that a TRUNCATE trigger is a per-statement trigger which
> doesn't have access to the set of deleted rows (Replicator uses it that
> way -- we replicate the truncate action, and replay it on the replica).
> In that way it would be different from a per-statement trigger for
> DELETE.

Ah, right.  I was thinking in terms of having TRUNCATE actually fire the
existing ON DELETE-type triggers, but that's not really helpful --- you'd
need a separate trigger-event type.  So we could just say by fiat that
an ON TRUNCATE trigger doesn't get any rowset information, even after we
add that for the other types of statement-level triggers.

Never mind ...
        regards, tom lane