Re: Question about how to handle numeric (decimal) data types while using libpq - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sudheer H R
Subject Re: Question about how to handle numeric (decimal) data types while using libpq
Date
List pgsql-general
It is not possible to use binary for some fields and text for some fields.

If text format has to be used, it will be applicable for all fields.

And this method involved converting to string format (sprint) on the server side and binary format from string (equivalent of sscanf), which is costly.