Re: hstore improvements? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From decibel
Subject Re: hstore improvements?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Or we could increase the size of hstore values so as to provide more
> than 32 bits total for this, but that would presumably be pessimal for
> all existing applications; there is evidently no one using more than
> 64K, or we'd have heard complaints before.

Unless they haven't realized that we've been pulling a MySQL and
silently truncating their data. :(

On another point, I agree that compression would be nice, and the way
to fix that is to expose knobs for controlling TOAST thresholds
(something I've wanted forever).
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org