Re: Error with JDBC after drop table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com
Subject Re: Error with JDBC after drop table
Date
List pgsql-general

Ah Ha...I figured it out.

I dropped a table that was being used in a VIEW and then recreated the table. Well the view needs to be created when you drop a table that was being used by the view, otherwise you get the error I got below.

thanks!

Troy Campano

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com [mailto:Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 9:11 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Error with JDBC after drop table

I am doing some JSP web development using PostgreSQL as my backend. I use the PostgreSQL JDBC driver that I got from http://jdbc.postgresql.org

While development I dropped a table and recreated it and added the data back into it from a copy using PG_DUMP.

But now when I take a look at my JSP page it now says:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Relation "ntr_node_t" with OID 34821 no longer exists

I've restarted the database, and also restarted the TOMCAT web server but it still gives that message. Does anyone know how I can get by this error message?

Thank you for your time!

Troy Campano