Re: Postgres server locks up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres server locks up
Date
List pgsql-general
ryan_rs@c4.com (Ryan) writes:
> I changed the number of shared buffers to 3000 and my database locks
> on a simple query.  I must kill the database with pg_ctl stop -m i.
> If anybody wants more data I can reproduce the problem.  It is very
> repeatable.

Please attach to the stuck process with a debugger and see where
it's stuck.   Or, if you're not handy with gdb or local equivalent,
maybe you could give access to your system to someone who is.

> Also, I prefer to discover what went wrong rather than
> simply upgrade to 7.1.3 and hope for the best.

I agree; this does not strike me as a symptom of any known problem.

            regards, tom lane