Re: pgsql: Improve handling of inherited GENERATED expressions. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Improve handling of inherited GENERATED expressions.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 2023-01-12 Th 08:30, Amit Langote wrote:
>> IIUC, by deciding to not back-patch this, we're expecting the user to
>> fix any child tables in the old cluster that have unsupported (in v16)
>> properties before upgrading to v16, right?  If that is indeed the
>> case, maybe this is again a case where TestUpgradeXversion.pm needs
>> tweaking?

> OK, please tell me exactly what I'm meant to tweak :-)

Yeah.  I think best bet may be to drop the problematic table(s),
as we've done for other de-supported DDL situations.  A quick
experiment suggests that

DROP TABLE gtest_normal_child;
DROP TABLE gtest_normal_child2;

should do it.

I can work on a better-tested patch for TestUpgradeXversion.pm, but
I have a couple other commitments today so it may take a bit of time.

            regards, tom lane