Dumping database using 8.1 or 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vallar
Subject Dumping database using 8.1 or 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I have a corrupt database that runs on Postgres 7.1.2. I was able to repair the database where I can now connect to the database and do queries.

I have a migration plan to transfer my database to a Postgres 8.1. I encountered problems when I was dumping the database. Postgres 7.1 reported: getTables(): SELECT (funcname) for trigger trig_mis_t_ins returned 0 tuples. Expected 1.

The trig_mis_t_ins trigger is no longer found on the database but it is still listed at the database. With this, I assume the database is corrupt.

Would my problems go away if I dump it on postgres 8?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jonathan