Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Wild Wezyr
Subject Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
2010/1/19 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

> What that sounds like is a locale/encoding conflict.  Postgres depends
> on strcoll() or local equivalent to produce consistent sort results,
> and sometimes if strcoll is presented with data that it thinks is
> invalidly encoded, it doesn't behave sanely.
>
> What locale setting and database encoding are you using?
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Here are my settings:

CREATE DATABASE spb
  WITH OWNER = wwspb
       ENCODING = 'UTF8'
       LC_COLLATE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
       LC_CTYPE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
       CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

Is anything wrong with them? And if so, how should I fix it? Keep in mind
that I must deal with words containing different national characters from
many languages (not only polish).

  (WW)