Re: BUG #18297: Error when adding a column to a parent table with complex inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: BUG #18297: Error when adding a column to a parent table with complex inheritance
Date
List pgsql-bugs
18.01.2024 18:42, Tender Wang wrote:

I think we can sort the role_addresses list and skip the same role id. I don't intend to fix above two issues in one patch.
So I add a new 0001 attached patch.

Perhaps, you would like to fix it in passing too. I've rechecked all the
other object types, that can be DROPped with a list (namely, AGGREGATE,
DOMAIN, EXTENSION, FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER, FOREIGN TABLE, FUNCTION, INDEX,
MATERIALIZED VIEW, OPERATOR, PROCEDURE, ROUTINE, SEQUENCE, SERVER,
STATISTICS, TABLE, TYPE, VIEW), and found that all of these handle
such duplicate entries with no error.

I'm not sure if there are other problems like this.

Yes, I've encountered a similar issue, this time with ALTER (TEXT SEARCH
CONFIGURATION):
CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION ispell_tst (COPY=english);
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY ispell (Template=ispell, DictFile=ispell_sample, AffFile=ispell_sample);
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION ispell_tst ALTER MAPPING FOR word, word WITH ispell;
ERROR:  tuple already updated by self

And again, I could not get similar errors with all the other ALTER commands,
that accept lists.

Sorry for mixing two different problems together, I should have reported it
separately.

Best regards,
Alexander