Re: int8 and hash index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: int8 and hash index
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Philip Poles" <philip@surfen.com> writes:
>> I'm having some trouble using a hash index on an INT8 field in
>> postgres7.0(release):

> Looks like we don't have a hash function defined for int8 :-(.
> This is going to have to stay broken until 7.1, given our rule
> against changing system catalogs for subreleases.  Sorry.

Turns out that we do have an int8 hash function, but for some reason
its entry in pg_amproc is missing.  If you need this problem fixed
before 7.1, you just need to do this:

insert into pg_amproc values(405, 754, 949, 1);

Note this only affects the database you do it in, not others in the same
installation ... but if you do it in template1 then subsequently-created
databases will have the entry too.

            regards, tom lane