Re: Stored procedure array limits - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Stored procedure array limits
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Paul B. Anderson" <paul.a@pnlassociates.com> writes:
> I have a large stored procedure with 16 arrays, mostly varchar, each
> with dimension 3000.  The procedure works fine on a small number of rows
> used from these arrays but gets the following error for large rowsets:

>   ERROR:  invalid array subscripts

Right offhand I only see that error being thrown for out-of-range array
subscripts.  Are you maybe trying to fill the arrays in nonsequential
order?

> If I comment out two particular arrays (that can have null values), it
> also runs OK.

As already noted, we don't support nulls in arrays before 8.2, but
I'm not exactly sure how that omission leads to this error message.

            regards, tom lane