Re: How to submit Tsearch V2 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: How to submit Tsearch V2 ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Sunday, July 20, 2003 14:18:05 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> I am inclinded to replace /contrib/tsearch with the new version, V2, and
> tell people who want to keep the old version to just use the 7.3.X
> sources in 7.4.
I disagree here.  There is a MIGRATION necessary, and people using
packaging systems
like FreeBSD Ports may not have the ability to use the 7.3.x tarball to get
it right.

> If we ship both versions in 7.4, we then have to rename tsearch2 to
> tsearch in 7.5, and that is pretty confusing.
No, you keep it named tsearch2 forever, and drop tsearch at some future
time.