Re: Integer Question - Does Limit Value Make Sense - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Integer Question - Does Limit Value Make Sense
Date
List pgsql-novice
<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com> writes:
> it looks to me like it choked on the format
> "integer(10)" part.

> is limit a mysql specific issue for integer?

Absolutely.  There might be another DB or two that takes the above
syntax, but it's certainly nowhere to be found in the SQL spec.
SQL99 defines the numeric types as

         <exact numeric type> ::=
              | INTEGER
              | INT
              | SMALLINT

         <approximate numeric type> ::=
              | REAL
              | DOUBLE PRECISION

INTEGER is stated to have scale zero and implementation-defined precision.

            regards, tom lane