Setting Foreign Key - Error - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Çağıl Şeker
Subject Setting Foreign Key - Error
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I get an error when trying to add a foreign key constraint:

"CREATE TABLE: column "mno" referenced in foreign key consraint does not exist"

Yes, it does not exist because it is "MNo" not "mno". But foreign key form of pgAdmin has a combo box that I select my
FKcolumn and it does no allow me to insert "" around MNo. I think "add column" wizard uses ""s internally, but FK
wizarddoesn't which I think is an error. Am I wrong?

Also, when I change my column name to "mno" from "MNo", it gives that error:

"UNIQUE constraint matching gives keys for referenced table "Manufacture" not found"

NOTE: "Manufacture"s primary key is "No". I also have a table named say "XXX" which has a FK named "MNo" referencing
"Manufacture"s"No".

What should I do instead?

Cagil SEKER
"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of outsmarting you. Something that you'll never forgive me for!" - The
Mentor'86(Hacker's Manifesto)