Re: Why doesn't pgsql ask me a password ??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Çağıl Şeker
Subject Re: Why doesn't pgsql ask me a password ???
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok. I'd changed the pg_hba.conf file but I've forgotten to do a "pg_ctl reload". :)
So now it asks for passwords (because of md5 auth type)

Çağıl ŞEKER
-----------------
"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of outsmarting you. Something that you'll never forgive me for!" - The
Mentor'86(Hacker's Manifesto)
-----------------
Ey kör ! Bu yer, bu gök, bu yıldızlar boştur boş !
Bırak onu bunu da gönlünü hoş tut hoş !
Şu durmadan kurulup dağılan evrende
Bir nefestir alacağın, o da boştur boş !
 -- Ömer HAYYAM

-----Original Message-----
From: Çağıl Şeker
Sent: 21 Kasım 2002 Perşembe 18:59
To: PostgreSQL-General-List (E-mail)
Subject: [GENERAL] Why doesn't pgsql ask me a password ???

Administrator@CAGILS ~ $ whoami
Administrator
Administrator@CAGILS ~ $ psql -U postgres EDYS
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

EDYS=# select * from pg_user ;
 usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |  passwd  | valuntil
 postgres |        1 | t           | t        | t        | t         | ******** | infinity
(1 row)

EDYS=#

As it can be seen, it does not ask me for a password. How can I make pgsql (or precisely the postmaster) ask for a
password???Tnx in advance..

Çağıl ŞEKER