Re: pgsql: Augment EXPLAIN output with more details on Hash nodes. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Augment EXPLAIN output with more details on Hash nodes.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This needs to be damped down a bit. �It should not print useless
>> non-information in cases where the plan wasn't actually run.
>> Please compare show_sort_info.

> Eh?  When does it do that?

Oh, I'm sorry, it's using hashtable existence to condition the whole
output.  So my complaint is backwards.  I thought the intention was
to print the estimated number of batches in all cases, and then the
actual as well in EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

BTW, I think "estimated" and "actual" would be less confusing
terminology than "original".

            regards, tom lane