Re: Row exists in a table that violates Foreign key constraint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Row exists in a table that violates Foreign key constraint
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Nandakumar M <m.nanda92@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a table with a FK constraint to another table. There exists one row
> on the referring table with no corresponding row on the referred table. I
> tried validating the constraint but that did not produce any errors. This
> is on a older version of Postgres (9.2.4)

9.2.x is out of support; moreover, the last release in that series was
9.2.24, so you are missing a large number of bug fixes, including some
known data-corruption hazards.

If you can replicate this problem on an up-to-date Postgres release,
we'd be quite interested, but nobody is likely to spend any effort
looking into problems in 9.2.4.

            regards, tom lane