Start DB giving fatal message.(linux) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Farhan Khan
Subject Start DB giving fatal message.(linux)
Date
Re: Start DB giving fatal message.(linux)  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
List pgsql-general
Because of some OS failure I have to reinstall linux and postgres and now database start gives me following error message.  Any pointers will be apprciated ...

testuser@machine:postgresql-8.2.5$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-10-23 16:30:49 PDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/42C408
LOG:  redo record is at 0/42C408; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/593; next OID: 10820
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready
FATAL:  database "db_test1" does not exist
FATAL:  database "db_test1" does not exist
FATAL:  database "db_test1" does not exist
FATAL:  database "db_test1" does not exist

" db_test1" was one the databases I was using before reinstalling everything. Note during re-installation, I have formatted the harddrive which has erased the /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres folder ... but there were some stuff that persisted as it was on NFS (this includes the installer for postgres) ...

BTW, where does postgres saves all db related information which is used at db start time. Is there a utility to edit this information??

Thanks .. Farhan