Re: odbc can't edit postgresql database ?? -- Small example - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Russell
Subject Re: odbc can't edit postgresql database ?? -- Small example
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a clue to this problem, see below.

On 3/11/07, Geoff Russell <geoffrey.russell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have postgresql 8.1, unixodbc and openoffice on a Ubuntu 6.06.1
> machine and can connect to my postgresql
> databases fine --- but can't edit data, only view. pgadmin3 also only
> allows viewing
> but not editing.
>
> I can insert records with psql.

If I load a dump of my real database, I can edit it. But I can't edit my little
testing database. So I dumped that, reloaded it and bingo I can't edit it.

Here is the dump (minus comments) of the database I can't edit in
open office with odbc/jdbc. To load and
test you will need to change the user name from "geoff" below.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell

---------- start dump
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = warning;

COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
SET default_tablespace = '';
SET default_with_oids = false;
CREATE TABLE sample (
    "key" text,
    data text,
    number integer
);
ALTER TABLE public.sample OWNER TO geoff;
COPY sample ("key", data, number) FROM stdin;
mykey   mydata  2345
my2key  mydata  2345
my2key  mydata  2347
\.
REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM postgres;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO PUBLIC;

------------ end dump.