odbc can't edit postgresql database ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Russell
Subject odbc can't edit postgresql database ??
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have postgresql 8.1, unixodbc and openoffice on a Ubuntu 6.06.1
machine and can connect to my postgresql
databases fine --- but can't edit data, only view. pgadmin3 also only
allows viewing
but not editing.

I can insert records with psql.

To make matters worse, I have another machine with (as far as I can see!) the
same software and which works perfectly...???

The admin config files are below.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell

---------------------------- /etc/odbc.ini    owned by root 644
[testdb]
Description         = testdb
Driver              = PostgreSQL
Trace               = No
TraceFile           = /tmp/psqlodbc.log
Database            = testdb
Servername          = blackie
UserName            = geoff
Password            =
Port                = 5432
Protocol            = 6.4
ReadOnly            = No
RowVersioning       = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

-------------------------------- /etc/odbcinst.ini      owned by root 644
[PostgreSQL]
Description     = PostgreSQL ODBC driver
Driver          = /usr/lib/odbc/psqlodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcpsqlS.so
Debug         = 0
CommLog         = 1

#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust