RE: [GENERAL] Row Count? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael J Davis
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Row Count?
Date
List pgsql-general
Try:
    SELECT * FROM foo WHERE LIMIT 10;

You must have PostgreSQL 6.5 for this to work.  It is a new feature.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Bruce Tong [SMTP:zztong@laxmi.ev.net]
    Sent:    Wednesday, May 05, 1999 8:09 AM
    To:    PostgreSQL General
    Subject:    [GENERAL] Row Count?

    This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me, but
my
    search of the documentation only turned up it's not a keyword in
    PostgreSQL...

    SELECT * FROM foo WHERE ROW_COUNT < 10;

    Is there anything like "ROW_COUNT" or "ROWCOUNT" in PostgreSQL?

    I've been looking through "The Practical SQL Handbook" as I know it
is a
    significant influence on PostgreSQL, and I haven't found anything
similar
    there either.

    Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at
night.
    Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
    Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
    zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century