RE: [HACKERS] How do I get the backend server into gdb? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael J Davis
Subject RE: [HACKERS] How do I get the backend server into gdb?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Then how do you debug issues in the backend?
-----Original Message-----From:    The Hermit Hacker [SMTP:scrappy@hub.org]Sent:    Wednesday, April 28, 1999 10:19
AMTo:   Michael J DavisCc:    pgsql-hackers@postgresql.orgSubject:    RE: [HACKERS]  How do I get the backend server
into
gdb?

You can attach to a running process using gdb... 'gdb -t <pid>' orsomething like that...its been awhile since I've used
it,sorry...

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Michael J Davis wrote:
> I need to debug this connection problem I am having with Access97.
My> question is how can I get the new Postgres backend that starts up
for Access> into debug (gdb)?  I can get the PostMaster open in gdb.> > Thanks, Michael>
Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC
Nick: ScrappySystems Administrator @ hub.org primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org