RE: [GENERAL] case problem with MS Access export - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael J Davis
Subject RE: [GENERAL] case problem with MS Access export
Date
List pgsql-general
I have successfully exported my Access97 databases to PostgreSQL without the
case problem you describe.  I have posted my notes and the Access97 database
I used to export my data in this web page:

    www.sevainc.com/Access <http://www.sevainc.com/Access>

I did not use pgAdmin.

Thanks, Michael

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Glenn Waldron [SMTP:gwaldron@wareonearth.com]
    Sent:    Thursday, April 15, 1999 6:15 AM
    To:    pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [GENERAL] case problem with MS Access export

    I've seen this question elsewhere on the list, but no good answer.
    I am exporting large databases from MS Access to PG, but the table
    and column names come out as case-sensitive in PG and I need to
    quote them in order for PG to see them.

    select * from table tab1;

    gives an error because the table name is actually "TAB1", but SQL is
    supposed to be case-insensitive.  I understand that I can quote
    everything and it will work, but this breaks tons of existing SQL
    code.

    Is there a better solution???  It would be nice for example, if
    pgAdmin had such an option in its MS Access migration...  -glenn

    ---
    Glenn Waldron, WareOnEarth Inc. * v 703/847-2969 * f 703/847-2538