RE: [SQL] Comparing Dates to Current Time - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Davis
Subject RE: [SQL] Comparing Dates to Current Time
Date
List pgsql-sql
Try select title from articles where expires > now()::date;

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    Jenny DiBartolomeo [SMTP:jdibartolomeo@agency.com]
    Sent:    Wednesday, March 24, 1999 12:09 PM
    To:    pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [SQL] Comparing Dates to Current Time

    OK... this is probably a trivial one.  In an Oracle query, I might
do the
    following select statement:

       SELECT title

         FROM articles

        WHERE expires > SYSDATE

    How would I do the same thing in Postgres if the column "expires" is
of the
    data type "DATE"?  I've tried everything and read the man pages and
can't
    seem to get it working!  Any help would be VERY APPRECIATED!!!

    Thanks sooooo much for any help you can give me!!!!  Please respond
via
    email to jdibartolomeo@agency.com.

    -Jenny

    Jennifer DiBartolomeo