Permissions problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Davis
Subject Permissions problems
Date
List pgsql-general
I know, it sounds like a personal problem.  Well it is but I am hoping
someone cant point in the right direction. I am trying to get a handle on
the whole security thing.

select * from status;
NOTICE:  in_group: group 4 not found
ERROR:  status: Permission denied.

Does anyone know what this means?  Here is how to duplicate the problem:

Add group 4:

INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES ('dba', 4);

Create a user in that group

CREATE USER "Admin" IN GROUP dba;

Grant permissions on group dba:

GRANT ALL ON status to GROUP dba;

Log into psql as Admin and select * from status.  You should get the error
above.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong.  I am running PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on
Red Hat 5.1. Access97 does not want to all me write access to any of my
tables.  Once I install any kind of permissions (using grant), it would let
me even open the tables.