Re: tsearch2api project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch2api project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> Surely this shouldn't be creating its own tsvector datatype?

> I would to use only pg_catalog.tsvector. But dump contains CREATE TYPE
> statement, and custom functions which prefere it, because path is:
> public, pg_catalog :(. I didn't find any other solution with full
> compatibility.

I think we are really going to have to tell people to use the removets2
script on their dumps in any case.  I can't imagine that it'll be a good
idea to have a bogus tsvector type in the system -- it'll mess things
up going forward.  I think probably the sort of solution you should be
after is1. load the compatibility module;2. load dump that's been stripped of old tsearch2 stuff;3. don't have to
changeanything else.