Re: Postgresql 8.3 beta crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql 8.3 beta crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The note
>> at line 27ff of xml.c implies that libxml keeps static pointers to
>> allocated things that it thinks will survive indefinitely, so we
>> may have to have these.  I'm suspicious whether xmlelement doesn't
>> have a problem if the called expressions error out ...

> Hmm.  That could also be fixed if we separated xml_init() and
> xmlInitParser().

Do we know that only xmlInitParser() sets up such static pointers?

If we do, I wonder whether we could call xmlInitParser once in
TopMemoryContext (or before changing the memory function pointers
at all) and then never do xmlCleanupParser?