Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010 14:47:28 Josh Berkus wrote:
>> > ok i probably misunderstood what you meant by "funds-group" and
>> > "eu-conference". Anyway To me, fund raising is a very "local" activity
>> > because each country/culture has its own ways to deal with it. But
>> > that's way out of topic.
>>
>> funds-group is attached to SPI, so it's the one "international"
>> fundraising group we have.
>>
>> I'm not sure if we have "local" lists on pgfoundry now; probably.
>> However, we're bound to have some local groups who don't have internet
>> infrastructure of their own, no?
>>

> I count 9 services who offer mailing lists for open source projects on
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities,
> and that doesn't contain things like yahoo/google groups and other strictly
> mailing list options. Is there some reason you don't think those would work?

How many of those offer any kind of import/export facilities so you
can migrate to/from them?

And for the record, I remain strongly opposed to shutting down
pgFoundry anyway. I have no desire to entrust any of my projects to
third parties over with whom I have no come-back if they lose any of
may data, and I still have no desire to go through the pain of moving
my projects elsewhere and most likely losing a tone of history.

--
Dave Page