Re: Build universal binary on Mac OS X 10.6? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Build universal binary on Mac OS X 10.6?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Israel Brewster
<israel@frontierflying.com> wrote:

> Well, the libraries I created in the past from the 8.2 code work just fine
> on both PPC 32 bit and Intel 64 bit. But then, that was 8.2. The code
> probably changed between 8.2 and 8.4 though :-D. Thanks again!

When I was first writing the build script that Tom referenced earlier,
I too made the mistake of not creating arch-specific config headers. I
found that the build worked fine, and even initdb ran and I could
start the server and login. pgAdmin then promptly fell over because it
tried to use a view which had been mis-compiled (in postgres, not by
gcc) as it was treating my ppc box as a little-endian platform. Of
course, the build worked fine on an intel box.

So it's entirely possible that libpq may be working OK, whilst the
server is broken horribly.

--
Dave Page