Re: Porblem running on Windows 2003 server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Porblem running on Windows 2003 server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Massimiliano Ziccardi
<massimiliano.ziccardi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm truly sorry.
>
> A while after I sent the e-mail I found the solution.

It's no problem - happens to all of us!

> Look here :
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2009-09/msg00077.php

That shouldn't be the problem. In that case, it was my development VM
that had picked up an updated version of the runtimes through a
Microsoft patch. The build servers for PostgreSQL (both the EDB
one-click ones, and the community one) don't have that patch and the
resulting manifests from both builds look like this:

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
version="8.0.50727.762" processorArchitecture="x86"
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" />
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

which is the original runtime, and doesn't include the update.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you either installed PostgreSQL
using the zip archive of the binaries, or you used the MSI installer,
but ran it directly instead of running setup.bat, which meant that
your system had no runtimes installed at all.

--
Dave Page