Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I hate to bring this up but --- although they download Postgres updates
> from Ubuntu, because it is a live cd don't they revert with a their
> CD-pressed version of Postgres every time they reboot.  :-(

At which point they'll lose their data too. I'm not entirely convinced
that a live CD necessarily needs to be entirely up to date with the
latest bug fixes. They are after all designed for people to have a
quick play with, without needing to touch their regular OS
installation.

On the other hand, the TurnKey option does say it can run in a VM,
where presumably it would retain both updates and data.

--
Dave Page