Re: Hot Standby Design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Hot Standby Design
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I presume this means the backend kill function would work?  Also, can you go
> into why pgAgent would not work? (I presume it's because you can't update
> information that needs to be changed when jobs run, if thats the case it
> might be worth thinking about making pgAgent work across different clusters)

Probably - it needs to be able to update its catalogs to record job
results and ensure that only a single node runs any given job
instance.

We could probably update the code to optionally accept a connection
string instead of a database name, which would allow us to operate
against servers other than the one with the catalogs installed.

--
Dave Page