Re: Explain XML patch v2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Explain XML patch v2
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> * If the patch was implemented as an ExplainOneQuery_hook we would be
> able to use this with 8.3 also, which might be interesting. So there's
> no real need for this to be a patch on core.

Would that mean that instead of being an optional format that pgAdmin
could request with appropriate grammar, it would be something that was
only available if the plugin was loaded, and would replace regular
EXPLAIN output? If so, that would be extremely inconvenient, and next
to useless for general purpose utilities.

--
Dave Page