Re: Potential issue with pgAgent when updating pga_jobsteplog - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Potential issue with pgAgent when updating pga_jobsteplog
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Benjamin Krajmalnik <kraj@illumen.com> wrote:

> I believe one of 2 things probably needs to be done:
>
> 1.  Update the documentation to mention what range the result needs to be.
> This means that queries which affect many rows need to be encapsulated in a
> stored procedure or have a supplementary query such as "select 1" added to
> the step in order to return an in-range value
> 2.  Change jslresult to a data type which will accomodate a larger value.

I've gone with the second option and increased the jslresult column to
be an int4 (matching the C++ code). You should be able to increase the
column size on your server as no other code changes are required.

Thanks, Dave

--
Dave Page