Re: BUG #3980: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #3980: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation
Date
Re: BUG #3980: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation  (Aaron Tuwhangai <aaron@kiaz.co.nz>)
List pgsql-bugs
2008/2/25 Miroslav Nachev <miro@space-comm.com>:

>  Hi,
>
>  When I see the error I suppose that the kind of the problem is space in the
> path: "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin". Then I use another program path
> without space and the installation is successful. I mean the regular
> installation, not patched.

Sorry, you mean the installer works completely, including the initdb
steps if you use a path containing no spaces? That's just bizarre -
there are thousands, probably hundreds of thousands of working
installations in paths containing spaces. I've done hundreds myself!

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company