Re: whatcom-pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: whatcom-pgsql
Date
List pgsql-www
On Aug 4, 2014, at 7:07 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Um.  Most PUG lists are dead.  I hesitate to create more of them.  Can I
>> suggest to use some other mechanism, such as meetup.com as lots of other
>> PUGs do, at least initially?
>
> Meetup.com mailing lists aren't useful for actual communication.  They
> just work for announcements.

I disagree with this - it really is at the discretion of the meetup organizer.  For example at NYCPUG we used to have
discussionson the Meetup list, but as the group grew it made more sense to limit it to just announcements.  People do
makeuse of the discussion boards and other tools on Meetup to communicate.

Jonathan