Re: whatcom-pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: whatcom-pgsql
Date
Re: whatcom-pgsql  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-www
On 08/04/2014 12:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Um.  Most PUG lists are dead.  I hesitate to create more of them.  Can I
> suggest to use some other mechanism, such as meetup.com as lots of other
> PUGs do, at least initially?

Meetup.com mailing lists aren't useful for actual communication.  They
just work for announcements.

> If the Whatcom community takes form, we
> can certainly create a list later.

Catch-22:

A: Can't get a PUG started because no mailing list.
B: Can't get a mailing list because no PUG started.

This seems like something it's critical for us to resolve.  Again, it's
sounding like we need some kind of additional resources for "peripheral"
mailing lists.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.