Re: whatcom-pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: whatcom-pgsql
Date
Re: whatcom-pgsql  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com>)
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:

> > If the Whatcom community takes form, we
> > can certainly create a list later.
>
> Catch-22:
>
> A: Can't get a PUG started because no mailing list.
> B: Can't get a mailing list because no PUG started.
>
> This seems like something it's critical for us to resolve.  Again, it's
> sounding like we need some kind of additional resources for "peripheral"
> mailing lists.

Well, I am not averse to creating a list if it has value.  However, I
don't know that having the list is a prerequisite for a PUG getting off
the ground.  Is it?  Why do we create lists for PUGs that never see any
activity?  Is there any way to stop these lists from being born in the
first place?