Re: [HACKERS] Cache on pg_statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Cache on pg_statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom, let me know what caches you want on pg_statistics, or if you would
> prefer to do it yourself, instructions are at the top of syscache.c.

AFAIK the only index we need is one on starelid + staattnum.  If you
have the time, please put it in and teach getattstatistics() in
backend/utils/adt/selfuncs.c to use it.  That seems to be the only
place that reads pg_statistic.

If you wanted to include staop as a third column, then the index could
be UNIQUE.  (We don't actually use staop at the moment, but I think it
should be left in place for possible future use.)

vacuum.c may also need to be taught to fill the index...