Re: Proposal for Byte savings in VarBit structure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gokulakannan Somasundaram
Subject Re: Proposal for Byte savings in VarBit structure
Date
List pgsql-hackers

This might be worth considering in a release cycle where we were going
to break on-disk data compatibility for some other reason.  But I can
hardly imagine wanting to do it by itself.  Marginal space savings for
the "bit" types just isn't that exciting.

Maybe we should start a special section of TODO for "things we might do
next time we break data compatibility".

Thanks Tom. So when we say breaking data compatibility, we mean the next release where we will recommend pg_dump/restore right?

Thanks,
Gokul.