Re: A thought on Index Organized Tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gokulakannan Somasundaram
Subject Re: A thought on Index Organized Tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Missed the group..

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul007@gmail.com> wrote:

I definitely think thick indexes were too ambitious of a target for a
first time patch. Sequential index scans is very ambitious itself
despite being significantly simpler (if you have a solution which
works -- we haven't had one thus far).

The point, i am trying to bring out is that i want to work with one of the senior persons of the community to do my first few patches.

Can you point me to the thread on "trailing nulls"? I think trimming
off any null columns from the ends of tuples when forming them should
be a cheap and easy optimization which just nobody's gotten around to
doing. If that's what you mean then I'm surprised you had any trouble
getting buy-in for it.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-03/msg00682.php
I think, the buy-in became difficult because of the code quality.

Thanks,
Gokul.