Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020, at 07:20, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
> >> And which pgbench database scale factor you have used?
> > 200
> >
> > Another thing you could try is to run 2-4 pgench instances in different
> > databases.
> I tried to reinitialize database with scale 200 but there was no
> significant improvement in performance.

If you're replying to the last bit I am quoting, I was talking about having four databases with separate pbench tables
etc.To see how much of it is procarray contention, and how much it is contention of common buffers etc.

> Attachments:
> * pgbench.svg

What numactl was used for this one?