Re: Question: Do we have a rule to use "PostgreSQL" and "PostgreSQL" separately? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Question: Do we have a rule to use "PostgreSQL" and "PostgreSQL" separately?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> writes:
> While checking documentations, I found that one line notes our product as
> "<productname>PostgreSQL</productname>", whereas another line notes as just
> "PostgreSQL".

IMO the convention is to use the <productname> tag everywhere that we
spell out "PostgreSQL".  I don't think it's actually rendered differently
with our current stylesheets, but maybe someday it will be.