Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Melser
Subject Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype
Date
List pgsql-general
> I think actually what he needs is what Peter suggested upthread, namely
> to weaken the context-restriction on the int-to-bool cast.

Indeed... Peter's suggestion seems to have solved all my problems. So
even though it probably shows just how embarrassingly bad my sql is...

update pg_cast set castcontext = 'i'
where (castsource = (select oid from pg_type where typname = 'bool')
    and casttarget = (select oid from pg_type where typname = 'int4'))
or (castsource = (select oid from pg_type where typname = 'int4')
    and casttarget = (select oid from pg_type where typname = 'bool'))

For the archives.
Thanks to everyone.
Anton
ps. This is probably only for situations where it is absolutely
necessary... but I am now passing my nunit tests! :-)